Thursday, August 25, 2005

Alternate Millionaire Universe continued...

After a few goodbyes and wishes of good luck from my co-workers I was off to the 2 Beers Ranch to pack up the family for the most important trip of our lives, and pretty much our only vacation we’ve ever had.

As I raced through the streets of the “Rez” thinking about the swimming pools, movie stars and all of the glamour that Hollywood is known for, I wonder if this is going to really work out. Or am I about to be woken by a thunderous bout of flatulence that I’ve been known for after a few bowls of chili during an incredible dream? Am I a victim of Candid Camera? And is Candid Camera still a cool show to be on? So many things to think about, so little time. Just like that (chubby finger snap again), the 2 Beers Ranch is within distance.

Getting out of the car after barely missing the family dogs, Steven, Dizzy and the Scuzz, who are dogs Mrs. The Jon fed one day that eventually turned their one time meal offer into making my garage a stray dog recovery center, it was time to share the news with my family.

I enter the house with visions of creative freedom for the rest of my life and being heavily compensated for it.

“What are you doing home so early? Did you get bored with the internet again at ‘work?’” my lovely wife so elegantly asks.

“We’re going to Hollywood to show some of my writings to movie people who might want to turn my stories into movies,” I tell her still beaming with pride.

Mrs. The Jon being captivated by the happenings of the Newmans of Genoa City on the big screen, “Move! Look what’s gonna happen!”

“Hey, woman! I’m a grown-ass man. You don’t tell—what’s he gonna do?! I mean, did you hear me? We’re going to California!” I tell her trying to let her know I’m serious.

Still not believing me, she says, “Watch out now, the Ridge show is coming on next,” forgetting the news comes on before the Forresters.

In a moment of disgust like I had seen on censored rated R movies on regular TV I told her, “Well suck my feet then if you don’t want to believe me. I’m going to Cali with or without you.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes! Now get ready. We have to leave as soon as we can. Everything is paid for and they’re just waiting for me to show up,” I tell her.

And with that and the fact the Lionel Richie is singing “Stuck on You” to me through the RLG office speakers, it is time to take a break. If work doesn’t get in the way, we shall continue later on. Peace out, players!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter