Friday, May 13, 2005

My Gift... My Curse

Greetings and salutations, fellow occupants of Earth. Back from a restless night, I ponder the future of this machine we call The Jon. And no, I wasn't consuming enormous amounts of acohol... it was only Thursday, for the love of all things holy! While I was out looking for volunteers for my co-ed adult softball team (anybody want to play... or what) last night, my mom scared the fecal matter out of me. She had to go to the hospital because she hasn't been feeling well for a few days, and being the way I am (for the love of me I don't know why I do this to myself), I started to look too far ahead again and stressed myself out. But, she ended up with nothing major (so the RL doctor said), which was the biggest relief for me in probably my whole life. That led me to believe that my mom is not immortal, although that was what I've thought the past 29 years, 3 months, and 1 day. (holy schnikeys, it's Friday the 13th!!!) The way I see things is so wrong. I look too far ahead and end up worrying myself into a sleepless night. Like Spider-Man, "this is my gift, this is my curse." (I think I'll have to double check that quote to make sure it's right... isn't that a Jay-Z CD too? If someone knows the answers to these, let a brotha know!) I consider it my gift because when I think things all the way through, I stay out of trouble and keep others safe from that trouble. My curse, because of how it stresses me out. Hey, that does sound like Spider-Man! Maybe I am a superhero... nah, superheros aren't lazy. But anyway, everything's good with her now, so my weekend shall proceed accordingly. It's going to be a well-behaved weekend even though I'm going to a birthday cookout (happy b-day, EARS!!! WOO!!! GIMME A BEER!!!) I have to go pick up my youth team's equipment today because practice starts on Monday and the adult co-ed has their first game on Wednesday. So I'm gonna go put my game face on. AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!! I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter