Sunday, September 03, 2006

Don't You Think?

090306
0159 Hours

What the hell was that?! Sobriety does things to your mind, man! Forgive me.

Does anybody else have faith in the direction of the Red Lake Nation? I… I’m losing faith. Those in charge have so much power it’s kind of scary to think about what they’re going to do. Do they have too much power? I think they do. The guy running Red Lake Foods is getting out of hand. If him being on the council, having his own business AND being the manager of Red Lake’s main source of retail is not a major conflict of interest, I don’t know what is. He tried to take from my mom but couldn’t get away with it and it looks like he’s doing it again to someone else. Can they give each other jobs like that? Of course they can. Should they? No. But hey man, like the lawyer said, they’re our laws, we have to decide how we want to use them. Gawdamn! I’m starting to sound like Bill Lawrence!

Speaking of politics, I remember during the Little Rock Candidate’s Forum in May when someone had a question for the chairman candidates about drug/alcohol testing for all members of the council as well as the hereditary chiefs but the question was pushed aside. That would’ve been an excellent question. I also recall Karen Norris-Barrett having something in her literature about how tribal council members should follow tribal laws regarding alcohol/drugs if the rest of the members of Red Lake have to abide by them.

What does all of this have to do with anything? I guess I’m just fed up with the works. It’s nothing that’s happening to me personally, it’s just a lot has gone wrong around here for so long. Is this an environment for kids to grow up in? I know I wouldn’t want my kids to grow up here with all of the drugs and alcohol that plague us. What have I done to help you might ask. Well, I quit drinking myself, I offered my services as a volunteer youth softball coach and ran for the Little Rock Representative to try and make a difference. But right now I’m on the verge of giving up on this place. All there is left for me to do is take care of my kids and this isn’t the place for them to grow up. There is a face that I don’t want them to see that still lurks around here. Far too long I’ve relied on not taking my kids to certain places so we don’t come face to face. It’s not us that should leave and we didn’t. But something has to be done around here to restore the faith. To be quite honest, I don’t think that’s possible. We have failed each other.

I’m off to do another moonwalk.

If you’re in the mood to hear deeper thoughts about Red Lake, check out James King’s blog at http://www.jking07.blogspot.com/. I had the opportunity to work with him and was wowed by his knowledge.

1 Comments:

Blogger jKing said...

Ha! You fucker, I am alive! I know exactly what you're talkin about brother. I've been saying the same thing,but it seems when ya run your mouth like I have the council seems to..."take" things. I'll start posting my bullshit in a few months when I'm 18 so what I say will hurt me and only me,hehe. Keep talkin brother

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter