Sunday, September 03, 2006

Cheers, Mate!

090306
0110 Hours

With only a few decades of life for me on your planet, I’ve wondered out loud many a time what is my purpose for being. What’s yours? For me, I don’t think being a fat drunk was something I could do for the rest of my life so I quit. Thank God I’m a lazy quitter. With the current shenanigans happening on a daily basis, one has to wonder how long this will continue. How much longer will the pollution of society be accepted? (Check out my big words!) I don’t think any of this will end anytime soon. Good lord that’s a depressing topic. BOO!!! Shame on us all. (I sure do say that a lot.) Maybe if I were to ever fall off this high horse we call sobriety, I would be able to look the other way. But I’m actually having a decent time being a sober mess.

This is the brain child of a man who had hit rock bottom. Nothing mattered to me 15 months ago and nobody impressed me enough to rethink my options. As sad as this will sound, not even my children could convince me to stop. I look back at those years as a drunk with shame. I mean I’m humiliated at how I used to live my life. To be quite honest, I’m lucky to be alive. There were so many times that I would wake up from drinking the next day and wonder how I got home and someone would tell me that I drove myself home. It still scares me.

Do I deserve what I have? Should I have been given so many chances? No. But I will cherish every single day I get out of what’s left of my life, which should be… according to my latest calculations… carry the 7… 71 years and 4 days.

I write this for myself… because I’m selfish. But for those that read this who like to go out, have a few to get away from the kids, one night could ruin it all. And that happens around here a lot.

Now I’m even more depressed.

To get out of that mood, I will now moonwalk across my living room floor. It’s amazing what a little moonwalk will do for a bro. I encourage everyone to try it once in a while.

Let’s go! Drink ‘em up! You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here!

And no, I don’t miss that life one bit no matter how much I hear your drinking stories.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're moon walk is the greatest thing I've ever seen! If you ever see someone down in the dumps may I suggest doing the moon walk back and forth in front of them. You so crazy!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter