Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ungah! Really Cheap!

I hope you'll excuse my boring rant on the political situation here in Red Lake. How boring was that? I apologize for any inconvenience. NO I DON'T! It's just my old age getting the best of me.

While searching the information super highway, I thought I would take another peek at MYSPACE. I have a page but it's rarely used. But while going through the different pages, it occurred to me that I really am old. I went through rlnn.com where they have links to the Red Lake musicians and visited some of them. The music was pretty good, they have a nice sound to them. But while I was reading the "adds" and stuff, I kept clicking to see who was in their network, or whatever it's called, looking through blogs and whatnot... and I have to be honest; I had no idea what most of them said or meant! Now, I'm only 30-years-old and was known to "get jiggy with it" (is that still cool to say?) and stuff back in the day, but I was lost. Everybody acts and talks like a rapper nowadays and they lose me when doing so. Don't tell me I don't understand the rap game. I grew up on the mean streets of "Hooterville." Okay, that wasn't a very good example. The whole R&B/Hip Hop didn't get around to the "Rez" until about mid to late 80s. LL Cool J, Biz Markie, Run-DMC, Kool Moe Dee, Big Daddy Kane... ah yeah, that's old school there! And then it got a little softer with MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, C+C Music Factory and Mr. Rico Suave himself, Gerardo (don't lie, you were jammin' to those too!) Up next was slower, sexy jams like (my all-time favorite) Keith Sweat, Jodeci, R. Kelly, H-Town, Boyz II Men, Silk and whoever you can think of. After that was what we have now, "Gangsta." It was cool back in the day with N.W.A., Snoop, 2Pac and B.I.G. But somewhere along the line, it just got out of hand, with "ho's, b-words (I'm a father now, so my f-bombs are severely censored... most of the time anyway), money, guns and whatever else they rap about. Hopefully the Native Hip Hop will save the day. Good luck with that.

Wait! Where the hell did I get off track?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter