Saturday, October 08, 2005

First of a Flurry of Posts

100805
1412 Hours

One thing is for sure about this blogging business; it should be updated as much as possible. But this week for me has been pretty busy. Work, car troubles and life have handcuffed me lately. The freedom to express my opinions to the blog world has been hampered enough! My love for all things fattening has comforted me in my time of need. Right now I’m eating a blueberry muffin and chasing it down with a Coke and Cheetos. Boredom is a bee-otch! Come to think of it, I don’t need any comforting, I’m just bored.

But anyway…

For the first time in 6 years and for only the second time in my life, I bought a book that will not be used for any educational purposes. I bought “Now I Can Die in Peace” by “The Sports Guy” Bill Simmons which I’m enjoying more than any piece of American literature that has come out at any time during this millennium. It is truly a deep look at suffering, explaining the unexplainable, and how one can extend his inner most… okay, I ran out of big words right there, so sue me! As of right now I’ve only read through page 51 and have been laughing out loud to myself on many occasions. Man, it must suck being a Red Sox fan! Wait, I’m still a Cubs fan. From him trying to change his name to Jabbal to increase his chances at running the 1 for the Celtics to him realizing he’s going to hell for making fun of Corky on “Life Goes On,” it inspires me even more to write about life. Indeed, good times, Mr. Simmons. Good times.

Last night the family and I went to the kids’ Family Fun Night at their school. The raffle ticket drawing allowed me to acquire a free oil change which went nice with the dry popcorn that sucked up the drool from pining for turkey dogs (what the hell are turkey dogs?). But it was good to see the kids having fun at a school they wanted to drop out of after 6 days.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday night. And there wasn't even any sarcasm in that last sentence. Boozers are losers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter