Sunday, October 02, 2005

Triple Digits!

100205
0923 Hours

100 days. 0 drinks. This is my life. My new and improved life I should say and I love it. “I’m out there. And I’m loving every minute of it!!!” as the great Mr. Kramer once said.

Yeah, this is my 100th day of sobriety. This is by far the longest I’ve ever gone since I started drinking so many years ago. What I’ve been missing in alcohol I’m making up for with enormous amounts of soda pop. The lesser of 2 evils I guess. But I feel like a hundred bucks (again, that’s a lot of money to me). Physically, emotionally and, uh… spiritually, I guess. It feels good to wake up in the morning on weekends with my kids and tell them to fix their own damn cereal. Good times.

I found things to keep busy this summer, like softball. I gave up bowling in the league this year due to the bad influences and my inability to fight peer pressure. Plus, my shoulder was ruined last year while putting up a 140 average (compared to a 119 average the year before). This past summer of coaching and playing softball was a lot of fun. Kids looked up to me while I was coaching and I felt something that was never really there for me before; a sense of accomplishment. I was actually a role model! That was another reason that I was glad I quit drinking. I didn’t want to end up like Morris Buttermaker in “The Bad News Bears.” (Which by the way, I saw the remake this summer and was very, very disappointed. Tanner Boyle was not the Tanner Boyle I grew up watching. You people and all of your political correctness!)

The only real disappointment for me this summer was the performance of the Cubs. Inconsistency yet again was their downfall. Injuries were to blame too, I guess. Wait ‘til year! Football season isn’t looking very promising either. I think I’m starting to get sick of the whole sports world altogether. The arrogance and disregard for the spirit of competition is making me sick. Baseball is the only sport that is played like it was years ago… BUT, steroids have tainted its image. Is there nothing left for me to look forward to? So now I turn my love for athletic competition toward hockey. You better not let me down!

Hey Green Day! Wake up! September ended!

I just had to make sure my lameness was still around. Honestly though, I’ve been getting into Greenday for some reason. I remember when they first came out, I couldn’t stand them. Back then I was in to 2Pac, Keith Sweat, Jodeci, Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg (That’s what we used to call him kids, back when he first came out… ask your parents). Now that’s old school! I guess in my old age I’ve learned to appreciate all types of music. I’ve always been into Oasis for some reason but I have been listening to The Killers, My Chemical Romance, Foo Fighters, Hawthorne Heights among others. The new R&B and rap is just getting too ridiculous. Then again, I could be getting old.

And that’s 536 words people. Wait, now its 541 words! I’m out! Now its 546!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter