Saturday, September 24, 2005

Vegas, Baby... VEGAS!!!

Around the “Rez,” it’s one of those European kind of days. You know, the kind where it’s cloudy, drizzling (and no, I’m not trying to talk like a rapper), and the temperature is low. Maybe it’s just me that thinks Europe is always like that. But back to the matter at hand; the weather outside this morning makes me think of a few things: 1.) I was going to play some softball this afternoon and I’m hoping it clears up a little so I can work on my shortstop skills and: B.) Guess who is taking his first ever (technically, 2nd) trip to Vegas next month?! The Jon is going to Vegas, baby! VEGAS!!! I found out on Wednesday that, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be there from October 19-22. This will be my first trip to Vegas since I was 17 years old when I illegally played a slot machine on a layover to Albuquerque, NM way back in 1993. That’s a story for another time though. So I’m sure that the Vegas gambling lords want their illegally obtained $5 back that I won. Being that I’ve been sober for so long, most think that’s when I’m going to fall of the wagon. But, I beg to differ. I’ve gone without the stuff for so long I don’t even want to think about having a drink. The disappointment would be unbearable… to me. I didn’t give up my habit for anyone else. It’s all for me! Besides, after 29 years, 7 months, and 12 days (I’M ALMOST 30!!!) who knows me better than me? As I’m slowly and disappointingly finding out… nobody. Now I’m depressed. VEGAS, BABY!!! VEGAS!!! Now I’m not. I can just imagine how my trip is going to go. Come to think of it, I can’t. I should make up an agenda before I go. Hmm… that’s a brilliant idea. Brilliant! So that’s what I’ll do over my upcoming lunch hour. I’m hungry. All right, man… I’m outta here for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter