Monday, June 13, 2005

At Least We're Trying!

Today, after a weekend of rest and relaxation, I come back to the everyday world well-rested, faith in the society restored (for now) and a new outlook on life. After weeks... no, months as a directionless drunk, I now know what I have to do. Well, not really... but I have seen what I am becoming. I have to be a coach. Youngins' are looking up to me for the first time in my life (that I've noticed anyway). I'm actually trying to be responsible. What is this world coming to? Me, responsible! Wow. I'm in awe of myself for something good for once. Before it was usually like, "Wow. I drank for 2 days straight." Even though my adult co-ed team is 0-2 on the season and we have been beat by a combined score of 40-5, I still have confidence in our "upside". It's our first time playing together and most of my players have about 10+ years of rust built up each, but we will come together soon. My youth team looks more promising. We play our first game next Monday and I think we have a good chance of being pretty decent. 30+ kids, some of them should be good, right? That sounded mean, didn't it? Well, that's how coaches are! Right? Well, I don't know either. But that's how my coaches were in school. Practice at 5:30 tonight!!! Woo!!! Go Wolfpack!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter