Saturday, May 28, 2005

The Book of Jon: Chapter I

As I sit here waiting to go fix a plate at a graduation dinner, I ponder, "Where the hell is all the media?! (there was one van when I rode by earlier) Something good happens here and the media doesn't want to share it with the world?!" (SERENITY NOW!!!) Okay, I'm cool now. I think I need a beer or 12. But anyway, I'm going to share the first few pages of my "book". If someone happens to read it, let me know what you think. I can take it. I've faced a few harsh critiques about my writings in college, so I can take it. Just let a brotha know!!! So, here it is...

The Book of Jon
Chapter I
Alcohol, drugs, disrespect and stupidity flow through the invisible borders that keep them a sovereign nation like an airborne disease in which no one can or will recover from. For over a hundred years they have lived in the northern end of the northern most state in the country. Their ancestors held off the government for many years to give them the opportunity to be free of the influences that could corrupt their way of life. Not all are wasting what was left for them. Most are thriving in the environment that gives them more than enough of an opportunity to be successful. There are just a few making these surroundings unbearable. Enough to make some want to move away and never come back. Sure, there is alcohol, drugs and a lot of ignorance outside those invisible borders, but most think that it happens out there because of the many different cultures that clash in the chaotic world. Since there is such a small amount of Natives roaming the land, they think, “It’s not our fault that a civil society is on the verge of failing.” Well, maybe not in those words, but something like that. Within their own borders the government calls a reservation, it’s harder to accept the wrongs of their own people, the people that are supposed to live in harmony with each other and pass their culture to each new generation, which is not happening enough. It probably never will. The temptations that lead to first step of a vicious cycle are hard to resist. Some can handle the choices they make, but others fail miserably and take many with them.
This is the story of those caught in the middle of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter