Wednesday, March 23, 2005

...

I come to the blog world tonight, not as a blogger trying to be funny or one who complains about the smallest, dumbest things in life, but as a man whose heart has been shaken, confused, hurt, and many other things that I can't explain by the recent tragedy in my hometown of Red Lake, Minnesota. The RL Nation will never be the same. Could this have been prevented? Of course, but it won't do us any good to point fingers now. But, we must move forward. All we can do is send our thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims and hope they can recover from a disaster like this. I didn't know many of the students who were hurt, but I did know the security guard who died trying to save the youth of our nation. He was a year behind me in school and we played basketball and football together in school since I was in the 8th grade. He SHOULD be known as a hero for many years to come. We all owe this man so much. Who else can say when they get to heaven, they died trying to save a school full of kids? The media reports, though helpful, have made me physically ill. I just can't believe this is happening to Red Lake. The shock is still here. I see it and still can't believe it. All of my little problems seem like nothing now. I am ashamed that I have made such a big deal of my life knowing that there are more in my hometown that have so much grief to deal with. That's all I got for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter