Sunday, July 02, 2006

Being a Faazhaa

070206
2027 Hours

As the years keep on flying by, it has come to my attention that I may not be prepared for what lies ahead of me. Fatherhood, husband(ness?), manhood and the rest of the morsels of life that have many tricks hiding behind the mask of eternal happiness. (I don’t even know what most of that means, it just came out of nowhere.)

While sitting in my office going through the USA Today and last month’s Maxim, it had me thinking about what I can and can’t do as a father these days. And to be quite honest, I’m afraid of what my kids are going to go through while growing up. Like most parents, I want to shield them from all of the horrible things that happen on a daily business. But there are days when they ask me what the war in Iraq is about. How do I answer a question like that? And what the hell is an 8-year-old doing asking me about the war in Iraq?! I don’t remember what I said, but it was about freeing people from a bad president or something like that.

Another thing is that I have to get rid of all of my periodicals. Maxim has man stuff in it. The articles aren’t for kids, especially young girls. So I have to find a new way of killing time on the toilet—I mean, hanging out in my office! I also remember a Rolling Stone had a checklist of how to make crystal meth and shots of R. Kelly’s romp with a lady MUCH younger than him, if you know what I mean.

I don’t know what is on the horizon for me as a father and my kids growing up, but it’s a scary thought. The internet is the best/worst thing ever created. It shows kids the world, regardless of the content. It’s there for the world to see, regardless of age. When I think of when I grew up, there were a lot of things that I shouldn’t have seen. But now, it’s just unbelievable. And how awful is “San Andreas?” Yet I was just able to pull myself away.

How do I do this parenting stuff? Does anyone know? How much longer can we shelter their innocent eyes from all the world has to offer?

I’m scared. Who needs a drink? Speaking of which, I’m starting to get bored with talking about my alcohol-free life. That must be good, right? 373 days of bliss. I figure I have about another 70 years of life left in me and the alcohol will be long forgotten by the time I sell all of my sports teams I’m going to buy and retire to Big Stone when I’m 100.

“Entourage” in 15 minutes!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter