Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Babbler

070206
1459 Hours

The holiday weekend can't stop me! I'm UNholdDOWNable! (my new word for the month of July... is that even a word? It is now.) Maybe that could be my rap name or my entourage. I just made that up! Woo!

But anyway, while cruisin' RLNN.com I once again took a trip to a couple of the RL musicians' MYSPACE sites and was once again impressed with the creativity displayed. The visual thing from Emcee Edge was pretty cool. When I joke that I want to rap, that's all it is. I know I don't have what it takes... maybe an Andy Milonakis type of rap thing, but just for fun. These guys are very talented and they deserve all of the recognition they get. Nicely done.

But with all of my verbal shenanigans, I'm probably hurting any credibility that could come my way by just going on and on about nothing in particular. But who cares? It's fun to write (type) and write (type) anything I want. Nobody pays attention to me anyway. I figure I'm responsible for about 200 of my blog visits, so that 1,400+ is bloated with 14.3% of those coming from me checking the count... the male ego is a delicate creature. But then again, 1,200 visitors is a lot too.

Speaking of shenanigans, since the Little Rock Candidates forum in May, I've been waiting to use the word, "shenanigans" because of Francis "Chunky" Brun, who used it in one of his responses. If there had been another forum or had I been able to continue on to the next round of the election process, you could bet your sweet ass I would've used shenanigans over and over and over.

And speaking of Mr. Brun, like I earlier noticed, his credentials were impressive. I mean, he had the tools of being an effective leader of the Red Lake Nation. Yeah, he is an old school type of guy (and I mean old school, when men were men and worked in the woods and built stuff), but if you look back to the '50s and '60s, there weren't the problems that we have today. Everybody respected everybody. There weren't the dependencies we have today. Could we have gone back to those days? Probably not. But with his knowledge and experience, we could have been set in that direction. Now that's not saying the 2 finalists (not to make this sound like a talent competition now) aren't capable of that, it's that his record was very impressive. Too impressive to be ignored like it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter