Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Jonny R. Hour

Welcome to another edition of "The Van DOWN BY THE RIVER!" I'm your host, Jonny R. In today's episode, we will be discussing a number of topics. Chime in if you will by leaving a comment. Your views will be greatly appreciated. Let's get started, shall we?

Topic #1. Baseball.
With the new season upon us, and the Cubs pretty much having a good handle on the competition on their way to a world championship (their first in 98 years) by looking at their 3-1 record so far, is the whole Barry Bonds fiasco boring everyone? My point of view is, for some reason, steriods weren't illegal until about 3 or 4 years ago, if in fact he did use them. How are we supposed to know that he took them from '99 on. Should we take him to testify in front of congress to see if he'll cry like Mark McGwire? Bonds has been the greatest player of my generation, a player that I've watched since the mid-80s up until the present. Did he take steroids? Who knows? If he did, is there proof of him shooting himself in the ass? Not likely. Were steroids illegal back then? No. Personally, I'm starting to believe the whole racism thing. McGwire didn't go through this. God bless the double standard.

Okay, I think I put too much thought into that one somehow.

Topic #2. Any suggestions? None? Well, let's just wing it.
Well call this "Society in General." What the hell is happening to our world?! A world where Paris Hilton can be called a superstar, rappers and their friends crowding the stage talking about... I really don't know. I can't understand a single word they're saying besides the usual F-words. (Are all other profanities considered F-words even though they start with different letters? I need confirmation on this.) This has me neglecting the whole music world altogether. I don't know who is cool anymore. I'm back to listening to Guns 'N Roses, Johnny Cash, and country on the radio for crying out loud! I was wondering one day how one decides on which road to fame they decide on. Do they go on "Montel" thinking that a talent agent is watching and saying to themselves, "You know, this girl/guy baby making machine making an ass of themselves on national TV has a chance at an Oscar/Grammy/Emmy if given the right outlet." I doubt it. Wait, has there ever been anyone who has taken that route? You would think there would be at least one. Just wondering. Fame must suck. You work your ass off to get it, work even harder to keep it, lose your privacy, everything is a lot more expensive than what you earned on "Fear Factor (or any reality TV show)" so you compromise your morals and make an unflattering "Surreal Life" appearance, a "Watch me come back and rebuild my career" special, or a sex tape. Sucks being them!

God bless living in the woods!

This sounds just like my very own TV show! Eh, maybe not.

Hmm... as for my story I started so many different times throughout the past year, it's coming along, but not as fast as I would like it to. It could be a novel someday. But then that might bring fame, thus making me a hip-- nah, it won't get that far. With even less time to make up stories, I hope my internal RAM can hold all of my thoughts. People are behind me watching me type! I'm getting paranoid! I'm outta here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter