Thursday, March 30, 2006

What Up, I say. What. Up.

033006
1739 Hours

Oh, the humanity! The hours I’ve been keeping are starting to wear me down. But I must keep on truckin’. Well, the election deal is on, yet there are many hands to shake and babies to kiss and all that politician stuff. Who woulda thunk I would try to become a politician? Age is a factor. I want to feel like I’m doing something with my life, something positive. Maybe the first 29 years were a warm-up to what I’m about to pursue. Who knows? Who cares? This is going to be quite a journey though, bro! Enjoy the show! Hey that rhymed!

With all of the campaign stuff going on, I haven’t had time to tell (or finish) a story. If I look deep into the inner workings of this man we call Lydell Jon Roberts, I bet there’s a bit of just enough creativity to make a living off of. I love writing, but I must be alone. I can’t stand people sitting/standing behind me when I’m trying to be creative. Ever since I’ve been in college, it seems like someone is behind me judging what I write. I have a sickness, I know. That lead to telling you this; with the annual BSU movie contest once again upon us, I do believe I am going to enter it. I have a few ideas floating around this big head of mine. Movie making has always been a dream of mine; I just can’t afford the equipment for it. Stupid technology! When I was a kid, I saw a movie camera at a garage sale and wanted it. But, being a poor Native boy growing up on the mean streets of “Hooterville,” I had to choose between a baseball glove and the camera. Being that I was assured super-duper stardom as a baseball player, the glove it was (that didn’t pan out like I thought… I retired my baseball dream when the ball turned from a small, white BB looking thing into a invisible sound of “Sssssssssssssssss,” I faced the reality that it was time to find a new dream.) But that is neither here nor there (or is it?) and I did a movie last year and 2 years before that (which was too adult for the audience) so with one more year of wisdom, I am prepared to become the next Coppola/Tarantino/Scorsese. Bring it on, I say. Bring. It. On.

I am now deep into my 9th month of sobriety (pause for thunderous applause and standing ovation). Was this the cause of my sudden change of mind regarding politics? No, but it helped. I decided to run for office for personal family reasons. I want my kids, nieces, and nephews to know that I am trying to change Red Lake for the better for them, a place where they can be proud to be from. I should’ve saved that for my election blog http://www.lydelljroberts06.blogspot.com/. D’OH!

Those that want to help in campaignin' it up, check out the site and leave some info/input!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter