Sunday, March 05, 2006

Accidently Trying to Sound Smart

030506
1415 Hours

Election time for Red Lake is approaching fast. I must admit it’s going to be quite a battle for everybody. Drugs and tragedy are going to be the focal point for all candidates involved. Let the mud slinging begin! Good times.

I was once involved (kinda) in the whole election process. One thing I learned is that you have to be strong-willed if you want to get into that kind of business. It wasn’t me that was in the election, but my step-dad and you wouldn’t believe the things that get thrown at candidates. Everything you’ve ever done will be on display for the “Rez” to see. Yeah, I would like to be a part of the process that involves changing Red Lake for the good, but, that it’s just too much work; physically and mentally. I’m content on just sitting back judging and criticizing the administration. Well, maybe I won’t be so critical, but the media is hard to ignore, especially if the only publication out there for us is the Native American Press/Ojibwe News. Oh, and just recently, the New York Times and Minneapolis Star Tribune. To be honest, I haven’t really read the MST for over a year. I used to read it everyday starting in high school. Maybe I was in denial about how Red Lake really is and I didn’t want an outsider to see us that way or maybe they were right. Either way, I don’t read it as much.

Is Red Lake a haven for drug dealers? To be quite honest, I live in the woods, don’t party anymore and keep to myself so, I’m not the one to ask. I’m not making excuses; it’s just that I don’t go anywhere to notice. BUT… back when I was a raging alcoholic, there were times when I would notice certain things years back. So I guess we could be, but I don’t want to speculate.

I better quit now. I’m no politician and I don’t plan on being one. I didn’t have one funny thing to say on this post! WTF?! I must be getting old. I need to recharge and finish a story once in a while. It’s something I’m good at because I’m such a bullsh*****. What a waste of 383 words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Music Video:WITHOUT ME (by Eminem)

Music Video Code provided by VideoCodeZone.Com

Counters
Free Web Counter